RECOGNITION OF TEST REPORTS
The procedure of mutual recognition of test reports issued abroad may be applied to imported products, which in accordance with the existing regulations, are subject to mandatory certification.
Subject procedure is carried out in accordance with the below specified regulations and instructions:
- Regulation on conditions and procedures for recognition of test reports issued abroad, and issuance of certificates of conformity. (Official Gazette no. 69/97)
- Instructions for the recognition of test reports issued abroad and product conformity certification according to rules (DZNM – Publication No. 5-6/97).
Based on the article 47, paragraph 3, item 3. of the Law on the System of the Government Administration (Narodne novine no. 75/93, General Director of the State Office for Standardization and Metrology) decides on instructions for the recognition of test reports issued abroad and product conformity certification according to rules:
- The present instructions deal with procedure for the recognition of test reports issued abroad and product conformity certification according to the rules in accordance of the aforementioned reports.
- The procedure is carried out in order to recognize test reports issued abroad. These procedures will be carried out by a legal person authorized by the State Office for Standardization and Metrology (hereinafter the State Office) The procedure of testing and certification in mandatory fields (from paragraph 1 of this item) can be carried out by legal persons authorized by the State Office according to the Rules for the mandatory testing and certification.
- The Applicant for recognition of testing reports issued abroad is obliged to present to the State Office or to the authorized person mentioned under item 2 of these Instructions the following documents:
– Application for acceptance of the report issued abroad
– Test report issued abroad by the laboratory which issued this report
– Declaration of a supplier that test report was issued abroad, that it deals with imported article and that this article was properly marked
– Proof that the testing report was issued abroad by a laboratory which complies at least with one of conditions from the Article 2 of the Regulations on conditions and acceptance of test reports issued abroad and with enacting of acceptance certificate (Narodne novine no. 69/97).
- The authorized legal person as per item 2 of these instructions draws up the minutes on acceptance of carried out procedure on testing abroad. It should contain the following:
- Name and address of the authorized legal person who carried out the procedure of acceptance of a test report issued abroad
- Number of decision for authorization of a legal person, number of evidence, name of the certification institution, date and place of where the authorization was issued
- Name and address of the applicant
- Name of a product, catalogue no. and other relevant information
- Information on the manufacturer
- Country of manufacturer and date of a production
- Information on a foreign laboratory which issued a test report
- Information on documents as per item 3 of this instruction
- All aberrations, data or exceptions relevant to the test procedure
- Results of a possible verification of a product carried out by testing
- Appreciation of result of procedure of a test acceptance issued abroad
- Date of beginning and completion as carried out procedure of acceptance of a report issued abroad
- Stamp and signature of the authorized legal person.
- Minutes on acceptance of testing issued abroad as per item 4 of this instruction serves as a base for enacting of certificate of conformity in the Republic of Croatia.
The certificate of conformity is issued for a period of time foreseen by regulations in the Republic of Croatia.
- Products for which a certificate of conformity as per item 5 of this instructions was issued have to undergo a control of samples in the warehouse of the importer or at the place where it was installed, at least once a year.
The procedure of a mandatory control of samples as per paragraph 1 of this item is carried out by the State Office or by an authorized legal person. The information of this control is to be marked at the reverse of the certificate of conformity and are verified by the stamp of the State Office or by a stamp of the authorized legal person.
If this mandatory control shows that a product does not comply with the prescriptions, either the State Office or the authorized legal person will annul the issued certificate of conformity.
- In the case that the procedure of acceptance is carried out by the State Office, the certificate of conformity is issued in two copies and one of them is given to the applicant, whereas the second one is kept by the State Office.
When the procedure of conformity is carried out by the authorized legal person, the certificate is issued in three identical copies. One of them is sent to the applicant, the second one is kept by the authorized legal person, whereas the third one is sent to the State Office.